National Means – cum - Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS)
BRIEF INTRODUCTION ABOUT THE SCHEME
Scheme launched by Govt. of India in 2008 through MHRD, New Delhi to benefit students studying in Government schools, Govt. Aided Schools and Local Body Schools.
To award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at Class VIII and to encourage them to continue their studies till Class XII.
- As per state Quota, Scholarship is being awarded to 1091 (one
thousand and ninety one) students selected at the end of class VIII
- Students studying in class VIII of Govt., Local Body and Pvt.
Aided Schools are eligible to appear
- Parental income should not exceed Rs.1,50,000/-per annum
- The scholarship will start from Class IX and would continue till
- The rate of the Scholarship will be Rs 12000/-per annum (Rs 1000/-per month).
HOW TO APPLY
- Filling of application form by students online on NSP 2.0 on www.scholarships.gov.in.
- Uploading of List/Proposals of fresh/Renewal Beneficiaries on NSP 2.0 by concerned Chief Education Officers of District using USER ID already provided to them by state Nodal Officer
- Online verification of proposals at District level by concerned CEO.
- Final verification of chief Education Officers uploaded data by State Nodal Officers.
- Selection of candidates is done by single stage Examination conducted by State board
- The examination comprises of the paper
A) MAT (Mental Ability Test)
B) SAT (Scholastic Ability Test)
- Each paper comprises of 90 question for 90 minutes. i.e. One minute for each question.
- The eligibility for qualifying the examination is 55% marks obtained in Qualifying Exam for open merit candidates and 50% for category S.C./S.T. and OBC candidates.
Website Designed, Developed and Hosted by National Informatics Centre, Jammu & Kashmir.
Contents on this website provided and maintained by Directorate of School Education Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir